Set Up Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) For Dial-Up
1. Close all the windows and programs that are open.
2. Click on the System Preferences icon at the bottom of the screen in the Dock. A window will appear like the example below.
3. Click on the Network icon at the top of that window. Make sure that the Show menu has Internal Modem next to it. If it does not, click on the menu next to Show and choose Internal Modem.
4. Click on the TCP/IP tab to make it active. Make sure the menu next to Configure shows Using PPP. If it does not, click on the menu and change it to Using PPP. The window will look similar to the example below.
5. Click on the PPP tab at the top of the window.
-Enter "Kingdom Connection " for for the Service Provider.
-Enter youre-mail password in the blank next to Password.
-Enter the local dial-up number for your area in the field next to Telephone Number. Click here to find your local telephone number.
6. Click on the PPP Options... button.
-Put a check in the box next to Connect automatically when needed. If there is not a check already there, put one there by clicking the box next to the text.
-Uncheck the box next to Disconnect if idle for 10 minutes, if it's not already unchecked, by clicking the check box next to the text.
-Your window should now look exactly like the example below.
-Click the OK button.
7. Click on the Modem tab at the top of the window.
-Ensure that your modem is shown in the menu next to Modem. In almost all circumstances, the Apple Internal 56K Modem should be selected.
-If there is no check next to Show modem status in menu bar click the box next to the text so it is checked. The window should now look exactly like the example below.
-Click the Apply Now button
8. Click on the System Preferences menu in the top left of the screen and choose Quit System Preferences.
9. To connect to Kingdom Connection, click on the phone receiver icon in the menu bar at the top right of the screen and select Connect from the menu as shown in the example below.
-The text "Connecting..." will scroll across the menu next to the phone receiver icon until you are connected. It will then change to the amount of time you have been connected.
10. To disconnect from Kingdom Connection, click on the phone receiver icon in the menu bar at the top right of the screen and select Disconnect from the menu as shown in the example below.
-The text "Disconnecting..." will scroll across the menu next to the phone receiver icon until you are fully disconnected from Kingdom Connection. It will then change to only the phone receiver icon.